Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chronicals of a Burntout ICU Nurse

Hello, If you have been following my blog you would know by now I have been a ICU nurse for 20years and 11.5 months.
My ICU nursing days started in 1990, I was madly in love with nursing, my nickname was Nancy Nurse. I ate, slept and lived nursing. I would say I remained in the honeymoon phase for about 15 years. I have spent many years providing care for the Patients. I have worked in the Critical Care Area in many different facilities and I have found there is one common denominator, that is Nurses need more Respect. My honeymoon phase ended abrutly when I realized that most nurses eat their young. Maybe because I was not partaking in the feast of eating the young, I could not see it.I realized that when the day is over the Nurse is always wrong. I would like to empower you as the great Nurse that you are and will become. Nurses have the ability to call all the shots and NURSES ROCK!!!!!!

Remeber: WE ARE THE CHANGE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Nancy Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment